ImageRight insights: Hit the reset button on errored Tasks
Written By: Christopher Meadows, Lead Customer Support
Have you ever wanted to troubleshoot a minor problem or set up a new function without needing to call Customer Support? We strive to help you succeed and we know how valuable your time is. That’s why, each month, we’re bringing you a support tip to help you resolve your issues as quickly and easily as possible. These insights are just one way we want to help you become better every day.
The occasional error? It’s a fact of tech life: errors happen. In ImageRight, Tasks can sometimes generate errors and then those Tasks won’t appear in To Do Lists and can’t be released from inside the File Tree. So, how can you combat the potential hindrance (even minor) errors can have on your productivity? This month, we’re walking through the process of resetting an errored Task so you can spend less time waiting for resolution and more time getting back to completing those very Tasks.
To reset a Task from an errored status:
1. From the ImageRight Desktop, select File > Open
2. Select the Search tab to search for Task
3. Select Flow(s) and step(s) to limit search parameters
4. If necessary, set the Available date and/or Date initiated
5. Select the Assigned to user, From flow(s) and step(s), and From user(s) if necessary
6. Set the Task status as Error – for this process, it is not recommended to select Both
7. Select Find Now to return results of the search
8. Select one or multiple Tasks from the results, right-click and select Reset Errored Tasks
9. A confirmation will appear – select OK
10. Selecting Find Now once more is recommended to ensure the Task was successfully reset and is now ready to be worked by the user
We hope these steps help drive productivity in your business by giving you the ability to troubleshoot minor errors and learn about new features with minimal effort and time. We are dedicated to delivering results you can see and helping you achieve your business goals. Please reach out to us through if you have any further issues or questions.