ImageRight insights: Auditing scanned content
Written By: Christopher Meadows, Lead Customer Support
Have you ever wanted to troubleshoot a minor problem or learn a new trick without needing to call support? We strive to help you succeed and we know how valuable your time is. That’s why, each month, we’re bringing you a support tip to help you resolve your issues as quickly and easily as possible. These ImageRight Insights are just one way we want to help you become better every day. This month, we’re explaining how to audit content that you’ve scanned into ImageRight.
Have you ever found one seemingly small trick that turns out to be a game-changer? When it comes to technology and how it impacts our daily lives, sometimes a minor improvement can actually make a huge difference. We think you’ll find this to be the case for this small, but powerful, feature in ImageRight.
While scanning documents drastically reduces your E&O exposure, you sometimes still need to audit scanned materials. Luckily, ImageRight makes it easy. With just a few clicks, you can audit content before it’s uploaded into the system, or if you prefer, from within the ImageRight Desktop. We’re going to cover the steps to audit your scanned content from the ImageRight Desktop, after scanning.
Auditing Content from within the ImageRight Desktop
Note: it is not always possible to audit the mail before it has been accepted into the system. If that’s the case, you can accept the batch and audit the content after it has been imported into ImageRight. Be sure to note the Batch Number because you’ll need that later (see below for notes on accepting a batch).
1. Open the ImageRight Desktop
2. Select Open File, File Open, or the Open icon
3. Select the Search tab and, from the drop-down menu, select Page
4. Select the appropriate Location(s) & Drawer(s) – click OK
5. Select the Page tab – enter the Batch ID(s) (to enter multiple, select the ellipses button highlighted below and enter the Batch IDs)
- Note: it is possible to select a specific Batch Source(s)
6. Once all criteria have been selected, select Find Now – the system will return all documents associated with selected criteria allowing you to review for accuracy
We hope these steps help drive productivity in your business by giving you the ability to troubleshoot minor errors and learn about new features with minimal effort and time. We are dedicated to delivering results you can see and helping you achieve your business goals. Please reach out to us through MyVertafore if you have any further issues or questions.