QQCatalyst insights: Blast-off personalized emails in no time!
Have you ever wanted to troubleshoot a minor problem or set up a new function without needing to call support? We strive to help you succeed and we know how valuable your time is. That’s why, each month, we’re bringing you a support tip to help you resolve your issues as quickly and easily as possible. These QQCatalyst Insights are just one way we want to help you become better every day.
281 Billion. That’s the number of emails that the Radicati Group Email Statistics Report estimates were sent and received every single day of the year in 2018. You know that email is a great way to stay connected with your customers and nurture relationships with potential customers, but how do you keep up with the volume?
With QQCatalyst’s Email Blast function, we’ve made it quicker and easier than ever to create customized emails without repetitive manual entry. If you’re not already using this feature, we know you’re going to want to start! This month, we’ve outlined how to take advantage of it to start sending your very own Email Blasts.
Send an Email Blast
You can attach a template to a distribution list to create an email blast (also known as a bulk mailing) that you can print or email right away, or on a scheduled date.
To perform this procedure, you'll need to have been given these permissions by your agency administrator in QQCatalyst. If you don't have these rights, ask your agency administrator to grant them to you, or ask if they can perform this task for you.
To send an email blast now:
1. In the Global Navigation bar, click Marketing.
2. Click the Distribution Lists tab.
3. Search for and click the distribution list that you want to use.
4. In the appearing menu, click Create Bulk Job > Run Now.
5. In the Select Template screen, select the letter template that you want to use for the mailing, then click Next. A preview of the template appears.
- You can make changes to the text as needed; however, these changes apply to this mailing only. They are not saved on the original template.
- If you are using a template from the Standard Library, you can insert your company logo or another graphic by double-clicking the placeholder at the top of the letter and providing the URL where the image exists.
6. Click Next to move to the Preview screen displaying all the letters fully merged with data.
- To view each letter, use the green arrow buttons on the top left of the letters to scroll through them.
7. Do one of the following actions:
- If you are satisfied with the letters, click Next.
- If you are not satisfied with the letters, click Cancel and modify your distribution list or template letter.
8. In the Delivery Options screen, complete the Title and Notes fields for this email blast. For example, in the Title field, you might type Birthday Letter. In the Notes field, you might type All customers with birthdays in the month of January.
9. In the Delivery Options area, select Email This Document. The Email Header screen appears.
10. In the From drop-down list, select the email address you want to use to send this blast.
11. In the Subject field, enter information to appear in the Subject line of the email, then click Next. A confirmation box appears listing how many recipients' email addresses were found out of the total number of recipients that where in the distribution list.
12. Click Yes to send the emails. The emails are generated and sent.
Tip: You can work on other tasks while the blast is generated. Notifications appear in the Dock when the blast begins and ends.
To schedule a future email blast:
1. In the Global Navigation bar, click Marketing.
2. In the Schedule Job window, complete the fields to specify the bulk job criteria and scheduling information:
3. In the Output drop-down list, select whether you want to send letters or emails.
4. In the Distribution drop-down list, select the distribution list you want to use.
5. In the Location drop-down list, select the agency location with the data you want to use.
6. In the File Name field, type a name for this job that will appear under the Files tab.
7. In the Template drop-down list, select the template you want to use.
8. In the Pattern area, select that date and run-time for the bulk job to be generated.
- The default time zone is your zone. If you want to change the time zone, select it from the Time Zone drop-down list.
9. In the Frequency drop-down list, select how often you want to run the bulk job, then select the end date in the Length drop-down list. For example, for a birthday, you might select Once - No Recurrence because you only want the customers in January to receive the letter or email once in January.
- The options in the Frequency drop-down list change to accommodate the dates you used for your distribution list.
10. Click Schedule. The job appears under the Schedule Jobs tab. It will run on the date and time you specified. The bell in your dock tilts/informs you when the job runs.
11. To view the recipients of the blast, click the View Recipients link.
With the holidays already right around the corner (we can hardly believe it either) and birthdays every month, there is no shortage of opportunities to make your customers feel special and cared for. We hope you’ll find that using the Email Blasts feature in QQCatalyst helps simplify the way you send personal touches to your customers. Don’t forget that we’re always looking to hear from you – with your ideas or requests for a feature, tip, or trick you’d like us to cover. Please reach out to us through MyVertafore if you have any further issues or questions.